We shall be responsible as the data controller for your personal data supplied in connection with our web sites. We are registered on the public register of data controller’s, registration number ZA069306. For further information please visit the following web site www.ico.org.uk
What We Collect
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- When you browse our store, we also automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system.
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- For the complete list of cookies we collect please see the List of Cookies We Collect section below.
What We Do With The Information We Gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided. You can opt out of this service at any time.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests
- You can always obtain a copy of the personal information RED Group holds about you, please write to us at the following address Reward Electrical Distributors Ltd T/A Redline Range , Unit 2, 280 Foleshill Road, Coventry CV65AH enclosing your postal details and a cheque for £10 payable to Reward Redline which will be donated to charity.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Credit/Debit card fraud is a major concern to us all. You consent that when you purchase from our web sites we have your permission to check your details provided during the order process with third party databases for security reasons only.
When making these checks your personal information supplied by you may be disclosed to a registered credit reference agency who may keep the information for payment clearance or credit reference. We do not credit check you and your credit rating will not be effected.
Legally we may have to disclose your personal information where we compelled to under a legal duty or obligation or to enforce our terms and conditions. We may also have to disclose your In performing these checks personal information provided by you may be disclosed to a registered Credit Reference Agency which may keep a record of that information for payment clearance, credit reference, order fulfilment, delivery, data analysis or customer support. You can rest assured that this is done only to confirm your identity, that a credit check is not performed and that your credit rating will be unaffected.
We may be required to disclose your personal data where we are under a legal duty to comply with any legal obligation or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements. We may also need to disclose it to protect our rights, property or safety of our customers or others which includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.>
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. Allowing cookies should make for a better web site experience for you.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. However, this may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links To Other Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling Your Personal Information
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or we are required by law to do so. However your details may be passed to other RED Line Group companies or any successors in the title of our business or suppliers who require to process your data on our behalf.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible, at the email address above. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Texts Relating to Delivery. If you provide us with your mobile number, we may text you to update you on the progress of your delivery.
This service is provided through our carrier UK Mail. You therefore agree, when providing your mobile number, that we can provide UK Mail with your number solely for the purpose of these updates. We will not charge you for these texts, although your network may charge you to receive these texts. You can opt out of these texts at any time by texting STOP to 78777. Your standard network changes will apply.
Making A Complaint
We hope you are satisfied that we handle your personal details with the utmost care. However should you wish to complain please contact us so we can deal with your complaint. Should you still not be satisfied you can complain to The Information Commissioners Office via the web site www.ico.org
List Of Cookies We Collect
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
|COOKIE name||COOKIE Description|
|CART||The association with your shopping cart.|
|CATEGORY_INFO||Stores the category info on the page, that allows to display pages more quickly.|
|COMPARE||The items that you have in the Compare Products list.|
|CURRENCY||Your preferred currency|
|CUSTOMER||An encrypted version of your customer id with the store.|
|CUSTOMER_AUTH||An indicator if you are currently logged into the store.|
|CUSTOMER_INFO||An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to.|
|CUSTOMER_SEGMENT_IDS||Stores the Customer Segment ID|
|EXTERNAL_NO_CACHE||A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.|
|FRONTEND||You session ID on the server.|
|GUEST-VIEW||Allows guests to edit their orders.|
|LAST_CATEGORY||The last category you visited.|
|LAST_PRODUCT||The most recent product you have viewed.|
|NEWMESSAGE||Indicates whether a new message has been received.|
|NO_CACHE||Indicates whether it is allowed to use cache.|
|PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART||A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site.|
|POLL||The ID of any polls you have recently voted in.|
|POLLN||Information on what polls you have voted on.|
|RECENTLYCOMPARED||The items that you have recently compared.|
|STF||Information on products you have emailed to friends.|
|STORE||The store view or language you have selected.|
|VIEWED_PRODUCT_IDS||The products that you have recently viewed.|
|WISHLIST||An encrypted list of products added to your Wishlist.|
|WISHLIST_CNT||The number of items in your Wishlist.|